This tour is by invitation only. CLOSED.
Lauris (Provence), France
Natural Dye Classes w/ Michel Garcia
May 1-10, 2011
Optional s/seeing extension to Provence: 10, 11, 12
Focus: 12 Half-day Classes on Natural Dyeing with Michel Garcia; video documentation with Studio Galli Productions for upcoming DVD. Optional trip extension to visit Provence: May 10, 11, 12 (depart 13)
About Michel. Founder of the association Couleur Garance (1998) and of the Botanical Garden of Dye Plants (2002) in Lauris. A French national born in Morocco, Michel Garcia established the Couleur Garance to connect ecologically sensitive artisans with the expertise of an older generation of dyers. In 2002 Michel founded the Botanical Garden of Dye Plants at the Château de Lauris, which would later grow to add an international forum and market for natural dyes and a resource centre. In 2006 Michel handed over leadership of Couleur Garance so that he could further pursue his interest in colour and dye techniques. He has published three books on natural dyes showing the range of shades available and how to obtain them. Michel is a botanist, chemist, natural dye specialist and philosopher.
TO SIGN UP
1. Enroll via our SFS Registration page
2. Download forms
- Disclaimer (pdf)
- Release Form (pdf)
3. DEPOSIT: Send reservation deposit of 100 Euros
A confirmation email & password will be sent to you upon receipt. Use your password to access Travel preparation files & Itinerary. These can be accessed from the main menu under “Registered Travelers” or by clicking here
4. Disclaimers: Download forms, print, sign, return. See above for pdfs.
5. Balance Payment. Instruction on remitting balance payment has been emailed to you.
6. Submit your Flight Info. Once you have made your travel arrangements, enter your flight details here LAURIS Flight Form (launches new window)