4-18 October 2012 (14 nts) – Delhi – Kerala – Tamil Nadu – Ahmedabad – Others
18-23 Extension “A” Kumoan Himalayas // 23-26 Extension “B” Jaipur
Special opportunity to travel throughout India with Yoshiko, who has been exploring this country for over 30 years (lived in Ahmedabad in 1983/84 on an Education & Culture Fellowship and frequent 3-month residencies spanning 3 decades). Yoshiko will introduce her friends in India who are involved in welfare, community empowerment, and cultural sustainability projects.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS: natural dyes, organic cotton cultivation, handloom weaving, khadi, biodynamic farming, architecture, local food and religion, contemporary art and design educational institutions, museums, solar energy development, hand spinning and weaving wild silks and Tibetan wool in Himalayan communities.
Main Tour Price: $3950 USD
Reservation Deposit: $400 USD
Optional Extension A: $950 (5 nts; max cap. 6 ppl)
Optional Extension B: tbc (3 nts)
Questions? yoshiko [AT] yoshikowada.com
ITINERARY + PACKAGE
India Itinerary pdf (final itinerary with hotels will be emailed)
Tour Package Info (see Registered Travelers page)
Terms & Cancellation Policy (see Registered Travelers page)
- Eligibility: current World Shibori Network web members (membership must be current at sign up). Read about it in our Registration page
- Main Tour Fare: _3950 USD_ ; based on total # pax, shared occupancy. Total Fare includes $400 deposit
- Deposit: $400 USD (100% refundable less $40 processing fee if you cancel before August 1, 2012)
- Single supplement: +__from $480 to $620 (tbc) __
- Solo Travelers: Single Supplement Surcharge may apply for solo travelers. Because our tours are based on shared occupancy, it may be necessary that those traveling alone (should there be an odd number) be put up in a single room through the entirety of the tour. This is particularly true for men traveling solo. To offset this cost, a Single Supplement Surcharge may be applied. Please consult with Yoshiko.
- # Pax: Minimum: 6 persons. Maximum: 12 pax. If minimum is not met, the tour may take place with some changes to inclusive items (program will not change)
- Main Tour package (overview)
- Included: lodging, shared occupancy; all ground transportation; fees for guides, seminars, workshops* (*Aranya fee additional); some meals as indicated in itinerary (eg daily breakfast, some lunches, some dinners)
- NOT included, ie your responsibility: International airfare; Domestic airfare (Delhi-Kochi; Pollachi-Ahmedabad; Ahmedabad-Delhi); Aranya 4-halfday workshop fee (additional); airport transfers at initial arrival and final departure. Purchase air tickets early while the fares are low.
- Note: When we invite local guests for meals, we share the expense amongst the group
- Note: Aranya $200 fee includes workshop, materials, 4 lunches, tea/coffee
- NOTE regarding flights: SFS will email registered travelers the airline schedule (for which you will purchase your own tickets) and any updated tour details. See Registered Travelers page for further details and contact information for our travel agents.
- Extension A package (overview)
- Begins from the overnight train on Oct 18
- Includes: 5 nights; visit to Uttarnachal; most meals; ground transportation; technical visits and hands-on spinning experience; overnight train back to Delhi
- Extension B package (overview)
- Begins early morning departure on Oct 24 from Delhi to Jaipur
- Includes: 3 nights
- All ground transportation, meals, accommodations expenses are shared by the group
- No cost is available at this time
TO SIGN UP
Read our Registration page
Actions: activate WSN membership, complete online SFS Form, remit Tour Deposit, sign and return Disclaimer forms
See Reservation page for payment instruction.
Refer to payment schedule in “Terms & Cancellation”
- $400 deposit to WSN – pay immediately to secure your spot
- Payment 1 $1500 USD by July 7, 2012
- Payment 2 of remaining balance by September 1, 2012
POLICIES & TERMS:
Download, print, sign, return. See Registered Travelers for all files
- Cancellation, Schedule, Terms, Disclaimer Policies pdf
- Reservation deposit: refundable, subject to cancellation fee
- If you cancel before Aug 1, 2012: fee of $40 || On or after Aug 1: fee of $200
VISA & PASSPORT
India Tourist Visa is required for US citizens (see here).
Non-Americans, Please check with your federal agency.
Photocopy of passport required by India travel agency.
PREP HANDOUTS & MEETING POINTS
Available on Registered Travelers page. This page is password protected. After your reservation deposit is received, a confirmation email & password will be emailed you. On this page travelers will find important handouts (travel prep, cultural things to know, meeting points, etc).
Once you have made your travel arrangements, send us your flight details via this online form (launches new window)